When you use A-Z Taxi Lewes, you trust us with your personal data. We’re committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This notice describes the personal data we collect, how it’s used and shared, and your choices regarding this data. We recommend that you read this along with our privacy overview, which highlights key points about our privacy practices
This notice applies to users of A-Z Taxi Lewes services anywhere, including users of A-Z Taxi Lewes, websites, features, or other services.
This notice describes how A-Z Taxi Lewes, and its affiliates collect and use personal data. This notice applies to all users of our apps, websites, features, or any other services we provide, unless covered by a separate privacy notice. This notice specifically applies to:
- Riders: individuals who request or receive transportation, including those who receive transportation requested by another individual
- Drivers: individuals who provide transportation to Riders individually or through partner transportation companies
- All these are termed as “user”
- Our practices are subject to the UK GDPR laws of the UK.
- Data controller and transfer
- A-Z Taxi Lewes is the data controller for the personal data collected in connection with use of A-Z Taxi services anywhere.
- Questions, comments, and complaints about A-Z Taxi Lewes’s data practices can be submitted through. You may also use this form to submit a question to A-Z Taxi Data Protection Officer
DATA COLLECTION AND USES
- THE DATA WE COLLECT
A-Z Taxi Lewes collects personal data:
- provided by users to A-Z Taxi, such as during account creation
- created during use of our services, such as location, app usage, and device data
- from other sources, such as other users or account owners, business partners, vendors, insurance and financial solution providers, and governmental authorities
The following personal data is collected by or on behalf of A-Z Taxi:
- Data provided by users. This includes:
- User profile: We collect data when users create or update their A-Z Taxi accounts. This may include their name, email, phone number, login name and password, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), driver’s license and other government identification documents (which may indicate document numbers as well as birth date, gender, and photo). This also includes vehicle or insurance information of drivers and delivery persons, emergency contact information, user settings, and evidence of health or fitness to provide services using A-Z Taxi services.
- We may use the photos submitted by users to verify their identities, such as through facial verification technologies. For more information, please see the section titled “How we use personal data.”
- Background check and identity verification (drivers and delivery persons). This may include information such as driver history or criminal record (where permitted by law), license status, known aliases and prior addresses, and right to work.
- User content: We collect the data submitted by users when they contact A-Z Taxi customer support, provide ratings or compliments for other users, or otherwise contact A-Z Taxi. This may include feedback, photographs or other recordings collected by users, including audio or video recordings (such as from dashcams) submitted by users in connection with customer support. This also includes metadata relating to the method you use to communicate with A-Z Taxi.
- Travel information: We collect travel itinerary information, including the times and dates of upcoming flight, lodging from users. We collect such information: (i) when users manually input their information into an A-Z Taxi itinerary.
- Data created during use of our services. This includes:
- Location data (driver and delivery person): We collect drivers’ and delivery persons’ precise or approximate location data, to prevent and detect fraud, and to satisfy legal requirements. A-Z Taxi collects this data when the A-Z Taxi is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on-screen) of their mobile device.
- Location data (riders and delivery recipients). We collect riders’ and delivery recipients’ precise or approximate location data to enable and enhance our apps services, including to improve pick-ups, facilitate deliveries, enable safety features, and prevent and detect fraud. Riders and delivery recipients may use our service without A-Z Taxi collecting precise location data from their mobile devices. However, this may affect the effectiveness of our service. For example, a user who has not enabled location data collection will have to manually enter their pick-up address. In addition, the location data collected from a driver during a trip will be linked to the rider’s account, even if the rider has not enabled location data to be collected from their device, including for purposes of receipt generation, customer support, fraud detection, insurance, and litigation.
- Transaction information: We collect transaction information related to the use of our services, including the type of services requested or provided, order details, payment transaction information, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Usage data: We collect data about how users interact with our services. This includes data such as access dates and times, pages viewed, and type of browser. In some cases, we collect this data through cookies, pixels, tags, and similar tracking technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
- Device data: We may collect data about the devices used to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address or other unique device identifiers, operating systems and versions, software, preferred languages, advertising identifiers, device motion data, and mobile network data.
- Communications data: We enable users to communicate with each other and A-Z Taxi through A-Z Taxi websites. For example, we enable drivers and riders, and delivery persons and delivery recipients, to call, text, or send other files to each other (generally without disclosing their telephone numbers to each other). To provide this service, A-Z Taxi receives some data regarding the calls, texts, or other communications, including the date and time of the communications and the content of the communications. A-Z Taxi may also use this data for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our services and features, and for analytics.
- Data from other sources. These include:
- users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- A-Z Taxi business partners through which users create or access their A-Z Taxi account, such as payment providers, social media services, or websites.
- A-Z Taxi business partners in connection with debit or credit cards issued by a financial institution in partnership with A-Z Taxi to the extent disclosed in the terms and conditions for the card.
- vendors who help us verify users’ identity, background information, and eligibility to work, or who screen users in connection with sanctions, anti-money laundering, or know-your-customer requirements
- insurance, vehicle, or financial services providers for drivers and/or delivery persons
- partner transportation companies (for drivers or delivery persons who use our services through an account associated with such a company)
- publicly available sources
- law enforcement officials, public health officials, and other government authorities
A-Z Taxi may combine the data collected from these sources with other data in its possession.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
A-Z Taxi uses personal data to enable reliable and convenient transportation, delivery, and other products and services. We also use such data:
- to enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- for customer support
- to enable communications between users
- to send marketing and non-marketing communications to users
- in connection with legal proceedings
A-Z Taxi does not sell or share user personal data with third parties for direct marketing
WE USE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
- To provide our services.
A-Z Taxi uses data to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our services.
This includes using data to:
- create/update accounts
- enable transportation and delivery services (such as using location data to facilitate a pick up or delivery), and accessibility to facilitate use of our services by those with disabilities
- process payments
- track and share the progress of rides or deliveries
- create A-Z Taxi travel itineraries and offer related services, such as rides to the airport, and other locations
- facilitate insurance, vehicle, invoicing, or financing solutions
- perform necessary operations to maintain our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
- Safety and security.
We use personal data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services and users. This includes:
- verifying users’ identity and eligibility to provide transportation or deliveries, including through reviews of background checks, where permitted by law, to help prevent use of our services by unsafe drivers and/or riders.
- using device, location, user profile, usage, and other data to prevent, detect, and combat fraud. This includes identifying fraudulent accounts or uses of our services, preventing use of our services by unauthorized drivers or delivery persons, verifying user identities in connection with certain payment methods, and preventing and combating unauthorized access to users’ accounts.
- using ratings, usage and other data to prevent matching of riders and drivers for whom there is higher risk of conflict (for instance, because one user previously gave the other a one-star rating).
- Customer support.
A-Z Taxi uses the information we collect (which may include call recordings) to provide customer support, including to investigate and address user concerns and to monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes.
- Enabling communications between users.
For example, a driver may message or call a rider to confirm a pickup location, a rider may contact a driver to retrieve a lost item, or a restaurant or delivery person may call a delivery recipient with information about their order.
- non-marketing communications.
A-Z Taxi may use personal data to generate and provide users with receipts; inform them of changes to our terms, services, or policies; or send other communications that aren’t for the purpose of marketing the services or products of A-Z Taxi or its partners.
- Legal proceedings and requirements.
We may use personal data to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of A-Z Taxi’s services, to satisfy requirements under applicable laws, regulations, or operating licenses or agreements, or pursuant to legal process or governmental request, including from law enforcement.
A-Z Taxi performs the above activities on the grounds that they are necessary for purposes of A-Z Taxi’s legitimate interests in investigating and responding to claims and disputes relating to use of A-Z Taxi’s services and features, and/or necessary for compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Automated decision-making
We use personal data to make automated decisions relating to use of our services. This includes:
- enabling dynamic pricing, in which the price of a ride, is determined based on constantly varying factors such as the estimated time and distance, the predicted route, estimated traffic, and the number of riders and drivers using A-Z Taxi at a given moment.
- matching available drivers and delivery persons to users requesting services. Users can be matched based on availability, proximity, and other factors such as likelihood to accept a trip based on their past behavior or preferences.
- flagging users who are identified as having engaged in fraud, unsafe activity, or other activities that may harm A-Z Taxi, its users, and others. In some cases, such as when a user is determined to be abusing A-Z Taxi’s referral program or has submitted fraudulent documents, such behavior may result in automatic deactivation, after human review.
- using driver location information, and communications between riders and drivers, to identify cancellation fees earned or induced through fraud. For example, if we determine by using such information that a driver is delaying a rider pickup in order to induce a cancellation, we will not charge the rider a cancellation fee and will adjust the amounts paid to the driver to omit such a fee. To object to such an adjustment, please contact A-Z Taxi customer support.
- Safety recordings: In certain circumstance, where permitted by law, users can record the audio and/or video of their trips through an in-app feature or using a dashcam. In app recordings are encrypted and stored on users’ devices and are only shared with A-Z Taxi if submitted to customer support by the users in connection with safety incidents.
COOKIES AND THIRD-PARTY
- authenticating users
- remembering user preferences and settings
- determining the popularity of content
- delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
DATA SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Some of A-Z Taxi’s services and features require that we share personal data with other users or at a user’s request. We may also share such data with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
A-Z Taxi may share personal data:
- With other users
This includes sharing:
- riders’ first name, and pickup and/or drop-off locations with drivers
- riders’ first name with other riders in a carpool trip. Riders in carpool trips may also see the drop-off location of the other riders.
- for drivers, we may share data with the rider(s), including name, vehicle make, model, color, license plate, and vehicle photo; location (before and during trip); average rating provided by users; total number of trips; period of time since they signed up to be a driver; contact information (if permitted by applicable laws); and driver profile, including compliments and other feedback submitted by past users.
- We also provide riders recipients with receipts containing information such as a breakdown of amounts charged, driver or delivery person first name, and route map. We also include other information on those receipts if required by law.
- for those who participate in A-Z Taxi’s referral program, we share certain personal data of referred users, such as trip count, with the user who referred them, to the extent relevant to determining the referral bonus.
- At the user’s request
This includes sharing data with:
- Other people at the user’s request. For example, we share a user’s location with a friend when requested by that user, or a user’s trip information when they split a fare with a friend.
- A-Z Taxi business partners. For example, if a user requests a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, A-Z Taxi may share certain data with those third parties.
- Emergency services: We offer features that enable users to share their data with police, fire, and ambulance services in the event of an emergency or after certain incidents. For more information.
- With A-Z Taxi subsidiaries and affiliates
We share personal data with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf.
- With A-Z Taxi service providers and business partners
A-Z Taxi provides personal data to vendors, consultants, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. These include:
- payment processors and facilitators
- background check and identity verification providers
- consultants, lawyers, accountants, and other professional service providers
- insurance and financing partners
- third-party vehicle suppliers, including fleet and rental partners
- For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
A-Z Taxi may share users’ personal data if we believe it’s required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
This includes sharing personal data with law enforcement officials, public health officials, other government authorities, airports (if required by the airport authorities as a condition of operating on airport property), or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies; to protect A-Z Taxi’s rights or property or the rights, safety, or property of others; or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our services. In the event of a dispute relating to use of another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share your personal data, including trip or order information, with the owner of that credit card.
- With consent
A-Z Taxi may share a user’s personal data other than as described in this notice if we notify the user and they consent to the sharing.
DATA RETENTION AND DELETION
A-Z Taxi retains user data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above.
Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. A-Z Taxi may retain user data after a deletion request due to legal or regulatory requirements or for reasons stated in this policy.
A-Z Taxi retains user data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above. This means that we retain different categories of data for different periods of time depending on the type of data, the category of user to whom the data relates, and the purposes for which we collected the data.
Users may request deletion of their account at any time by contacting A-Z Taxi customer service
Following an account deletion request, A-Z Taxi deletes the user’s account and data, unless they must be retained due to legal or regulatory requirements, for purposes of safety, security, and fraud prevention, or because of an issue relating to the user’s account such as an outstanding credit or an unresolved claim or dispute. Because we are subject to legal and regulatory requirements relating to drivers and delivery persons, this generally means that we retain their account and data for a minimum of 7 years after a deletion request. For riders and delivery recipients, their data is generally deleted within 90 days of a deletion request, except where retention is necessary for the above reasons.
CHOICE AND TRANSPARENCY
A-Z Taxi enables users to access and/or control data that A-Z Taxi collects, including through: the website’s privacy settings
A-Z Taxi also enables users to request access to or copies of their data, changes or updates to their accounts, or deletion of their accounts, or that A-Z Taxi restricts its processing of user personal data.
- Privacy settings
The settings > Privacy menu in the A-Z Taxi allows riders to set or update their preferences regarding location data collection and sharing, emergency data sharing, and notifications.
- Location data collection (riders): Riders enable/disable A-Z Taxi to collect location data from their mobile devices through their device settings, which can be accessed via the settings > Privacy > Location menu.
- Share Live Location (Riders): Riders can enable/disable A-Z Taxi to share their real-time location data from their mobile devices with their drivers through their device settings, which can be accessed via the settings > Privacy > Location menu.
- Emergency Data Sharing: Riders may enable A-Z Taxi to share real-time location data from their mobile devices with emergency police, fire, and ambulance services. Such data may include approximate location at the time the emergency call was placed; the car’s make, model, color, and license plate information; the rider’s name and phone number; pickup and drop-off locations; and the driver’s name.
Riders may enable/disable this feature by checking the available settings on your device or check with your provider.
- Notifications: account and trip updates
- Device permissions
Most mobile device platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without the device owner’s permission, and these platforms have different methods for how that permission can be obtained. Please check the available settings on your device or check with your provider.
- User personal data requests
A-Z Taxi provides users with a variety of ways to learn about, control, and submit questions and comments about A-Z Taxi handling of their personal data.
- Accessing data: Users can access data including their profile data and trip or order history through the A-Z Taxi’s website.
- Receiving data: Users can request a copy of their personal data using our [where availabe]. For an overview of the data available through that tool [where available in the site]. Users may also request a copy of their data [if available].
- Changing or updating data: Users can edit the name, phone number, email address, and payment method associated with their account through the.[ medium of communication]
- Deleting data: Users may request deletion of their account at any time by contacting A-Z Taxi customer service.
- Objections, restrictions, and complaints: Users may request that we stop using all or some of their personal data, or that we limit our use of their data. This includes objecting to our use of personal data that is based on A-Z Taxi’s legitimate interests. A-Z Taxi may continue to process data after such objection or request to the extent required or permitted by law.
UPDATE TO THIS NOTICE
We may occasionally update this notice.
We may occasionally update this notice. If we make significant changes, we will notify users in advance of the changes through our website or other means, such as email. We encourage users to periodically review this notice for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Use of our services after an update constitutes consent to the updated notice to the extent permitted by law.