Passenger Terms & Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) carefully as they govern Your use of the A-Z Taxi Lewes mobile Application (“App/Website”) and any other services made available through the App/Website.
By using the App/Website you agree to be bound by these Terms thus creating a binding contractual agreement between You, the user (“You”/ “Your”/ the “User”) and LEWES TAXI SOUTHEAST (Company Number 13613423) with registered office at The Shire House, Firle, Lewes, BN8 6LP, United Kingdom and trading as A-Z TAXIS LEWES (“Us”/ “We”/ the “Company”).
1. TAXI SERVICES
The Company operates as an intermediary only connecting Passengers with available Drivers.
2. TAXI ELIGIBILITY
- Parties can use this App/Website in one of two ways, either to offer their services as a (“Driver”) or to find a Cab for Hire (“Passenger”) (both “Subscribers”).
- This App/Website is not intended for unsupervised use by any person under the age of 18 or by any person who has previously been suspended or prohibited from using the App/Website.
- By registering as a Passenger, you represent and warrant that You are over the age of 18.
3. TAXI ACCOUNTS
- In order to use the App/Website, you must first register and create an Account.
- As part of the registration process, you will be required to provide certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, your email address, your mobile number and your bank card details.
- You confirm that any information you give to us while completing the account registration process will always be accurate, honest, correct and up to date
- If you provide us with any information which indicates you are not a fit and proper person to be provided with an Account, we may, at our sole discretion, refuse to provide you with an Account.
- Your Account is unique to you, and you must not share your account details with anyone else or allow anyone else to use your account. The safety or your Account and login details is solely your responsibility, and you accept full responsibility for any activity that takes place using your Account.
- We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to suspend or cancel your Account or otherwise prohibit you from using the App/Website for any reason, including but not limited to any failure by you to comply with these Terms.
4. TAXI FARES
- There are two ways in which Passengers may seek to hire a Driver (Fare) and this section sets out more details on how that works and how You would accept such a Fare.
- All Fares are charged to Passengers based on the pick-up and drop-off location.
- You may either seek a Taxi/cab at the moment or You may choose to make a Pre-order.
- When You make an immediate request, the closest driver to Your location will be notified through the App/Website of Your request.
- Drivers are free to either Accept or Reject the Fare.
- If a Driver Accepts the Fare, then both the Driver and the Passenger will be provided with each other’s contact details and will be able to monitor each other’s location within the App/Website.
- If a Driver Rejects a Fare, it will be notified to the next closes available Driver. This process will continue until such time as either a Driver Accepts the Fare or the Passenger cancels their request.
- We make no guarantee that a Taxi/Cab will be available when You make an immediate request or Pre-order request, and Your request may time out if no Drivers Accept Your request.
- Pre-Booking – You may also request a Taxi/Cab for a future journey.
- Metered Fare or Dynamic Pricing
- Drivers will start their meter at the requested time for any Pre-orders.
- If You have made an immediate request (ASAP), the Driver will give You two minutes to meet up with them after arriving at the pick-up location and will then start their meter whether you are in the cab yet or not.
- We make no guarantee that a Driver will Accept Your Fare even if You see cabs close to Your location in the App/Website.
- When a Driver accepts your Fare, a contract is concluded between You and the Driver.
I: When there is no Driver Available in Radius of 2 Miles then or Chargers are Base (Where Taxi/Cab Current GPS) location is To Pick up then Destination calculation Fare.
5. TAXI CANCELLATIONS AND NO-SHOWS
- By a driver
- A Driver may cancel a Fare at any time before they pick You up.
- You will receive an in-App/Website notification that the Driver has cancelled Your Fare.
- We accept no liability in the event that a Driver cancels a Fare after accepting it and You have no right to claim any compensation from Us.
- By a Passenger
- You may cancel a Fare at any time pre-booked 3 hours in advance, before the Driver picks You up from the meeting spot.
- For, immediate bookings, a cancellation fee is due to be paid by You, if the Driver starts driving for 2 minutes.
- If a Driver arrives at a meeting Spot and cannot find you, they will attempt to contact You by texting or calling using the mobile number associated with Your Account.
- If a Driver is unable to contact you, they will only remain in the vicinity of the meeting sport for 2 minutes and may then cancel Your Fare and leave.
- By default a customer is charged with the cancellation fee in case they cancel an instant or preorder after its acceptance by the driver. However, a customer may give a grace period for cancellation of orders in accepted status. The grace period of 5 minutes is set in cancellation policy. If the order is cancelled within the times set in the given grace period runs out the customer will be charged accordingly.
6. TAXI DRIVERS
- We make sure all Drivers have a valid driver’s license and Cab license when they register with us.
- Although We will suspend a Driver’s Account if their license has expired and we are not in receipt of a valid license or where We have been made aware that their license has been suspended, we have no way of confirming that their license has not been suspended and we accept no liability if a Driver is operating with a suspended license.
7. DIRECT COMMUNICATION
- You must not communicate directly with a Driver, other than as required in order to complete the Fare.
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate Your Account in the event that You contact a Driver directly other than for purposes of completing a Fare booked through the App/Website.
8. TAXI FEES
- We do not charge You any fee for downloading and using the App/Website, all the fares shall be paid in advance.
9. TAXI PAYMENT
- You must provide your payment card details before You can use the App/Website even though You may choose to pay for a Fare by cash or using a stored card.
- All card payment is facilitated by Stripe and PayPal
Google Pay and Apple PAY.
- You have the option of giving the Driver a discretionary tip at the end of your journey.
- We charge Drivers a commission on full fare.
A-Z TAXIS is not an employment agency and all Drivers are independent, self-employed persons and not employees of the Company.
- By signing up to use the App/Website you are agreeing:
- To allow us to use your location data in accordance with your in-App/Website setting preferences.
- To allow us to share such of your personal data with Drivers as is necessary to enable us to deliver the services to both you and them.
12. USER OBLIGATIONS
- As a Subscriber, you agree:
- Not to intimidate, harass, impersonate, stalk, threaten, bully, endanger or discriminate against any other Subscriber.
- Not to share your Account with any other person and that any use of your Account by any other person is strictly prohibited.
- Not to act in any way that may harm the reputation of A-Z TAXIS or associated or interested parties or do anything at all contrary to their interests.
- You must not attempt to circumvent the App/Website by attempting to or communicating directly with another Subscriber.
- You must not make any automated use of the Platform and you must not copy, reproduce, translate, adapt, vary or modify the App/Website without our express written consent.
- You must not use the App/Website in connection with any commercial or money making or other promotional or marketing endeavors except those that are endorsed herein, or as App/Website proved in writing by the Company
- You must not distribute unsolicited commercial content, junk mail, spam, bulk content or harassment or anything of a pornographic or otherwise illegal nature.
13. TAXI COMPLAINTS
- If You are not satisfied with the Services or you have any issue with a Driver, you may contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
14. INDEMNITY AND ACCEPTANCE OF RISKS
- You are liable for any damage suffered by us as a result of you violating these Terms.
- You hereby indemnify and hold us, our officers, directors, and employees harmless from and against all claims, liabilities, expenses, damages, penalties, fines and taxes arising out of or related to a breach of these Terms, breach of Applicable laws, or third-party claims directly or indirectly related to your use of the App/Website.
- When booking a Fare on behalf of another passenger you accept these limitations on their behalf and thy will have no right to claim against us.
- Where you are booking a Fare for a minor who will not be accompanied by you or another responsible adult you warrant that you are authorized to make decisions regarding such minor and you do so entirely at your own risk.
- Where you choose to place your belongings in a cab for an unaccompanied Fare you do so entirely at your own risk, and we accept no liability for any loss or damage to your property.
15. AVAILABILITY OF THE TAXI APP/WEBSITE
- This App/Website is provided on an “As Is” and “As Available” basis with all faults and defect and without warranty of any kind and we accept no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the App/Website at any time and in any geographical location for any duration.
- The App/Website is available to download onto your device from the Apple Store or Google Play store and by downloading the App/Website You agree:
- To be bound by the terms and conditions of either the Apple Store or Google Play store, as the case may be, relating to downloading of App/Websites.
- That from time to time, updates to the App/Website may be issued through either the Apple Store or Google Play store, as the case may be, and depending on the update, you may not be able to use the App/Website until you have downloaded the latest version of the App/Website and accepted any new terms.
- You accept all responsibility for the safety and security of any devices onto which you download and use the App/Website from.
- We make no guarantee that the App/Website will be available at all times and in all territories
- We make no guarantee that the App/Website will operate effectively on any device used by you to access the App/Website.
- We reserve the right to suspend, withdraw, discontinue, or change the App/Website or any part thereof at any time and without prior notice to you.
16. LIMITED LICENSE
- You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty free license to use the App/Website but nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to convey to you any rights, title, or ownership interests in and to the App/Website or any content made available to you through the App/Website.
- You may not use, copy, modify or transfer the App/Website (including any related documentation) or any copy, in whole or in part, including any print-out of all or part of any database, except as expressly provided for in this license.
- By using the App/Website, you consent to us collecting and using technical information, and data, about the devices used to access the App/Website and any related software to improve our products and to provide any Services to you.
17. COLLECTION NOTICE AND PRIVACY
18. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- The Company retains ownership of all materials developed or provided (or both, as the case may be) in connection with the App/Website (including text, graphics, logos, design, icons, images, sound and video recordings, pricing, downloads and software) (“App/Website Content”) and reserves all rights in any Intellectual Property Rights owned or licensed by it not expressly granted to you.
- You agree that:
- No information owned by us, including system operations, documents, marketing strategies, staff information and Passenger information, may be disclosed or made available to any third parties; and
- All communications involving the details of other Subscribers on this App/Website are confidential and must be kept as such by you and must not be distributed nor disclosed to any third party or other Subscriber without the prior written consent of the Company except as required by law.
20. NO IMPLIED WARRANTY
- You acknowledge that, in accepting these Terms, you have not relied on any representations, warranties or other provisions except as expressly provided for in these Terms and any condition, warranty or other terms implied by statute or common law are excluded from this agreement to the fullest extent permitted by law.
21. NO LIABILITY
- To the maximum extent permitted by Applicable law, the Company accepts no liability under or in connection with these Terms, whether arising in contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise, except in the case of death or personal injury caused by the Company’s negligence.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, under no circumstances will the Company be liable for any incidental, special or consequential loss or damages, or damages for loss of data, business or business opportunity, goodwill, anticipated savings, profits or revenue arising under or in connection with the App/Website, these Terms or their subject matter, or any Fares completed by a Driver.
- Except as provided for in these Terms, no failure by the Company to exercise a right or to require you to perform an obligation under these Terms shall amount to a waiver affecting our ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time thereafter.
- No indulgence for any breach of these Terms shall amount to a waiver of any continuing or subsequent breach of these Terms.
- Any term herein which is wholly or partially void or unenforceable is severed to the extent that it is void or unenforceable. The validity and enforceability of the remainder of these Terms is not limited or otherwise affected.
24. JOINT AND SEVERAL LIABILITY
An obligation or a liability assumed by, or a right conferred on, two or more persons binds or benefits them jointly and severally.
25. THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not Apply to these Terms and use of the App/Website and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these Terms.
You cannot assign, novate or otherwise transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms without the prior written consent of the Company.
27. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time and any such change shall be effective upon publication of the updated Terms on the App/Website.
- If a change is material, we will send you a notification (if we have your email address) about any material amendments to these Terms that may be of importance to you, but you remain responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms.
- By continuing to access or use the App/Website after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms. If you do not agree to the new Terms, in whole or in part, you should cease using the App/Website.
28. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
29. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- These Terms are governed by the laws of United Kingdom, without regard to principals of conflicts of laws.
- You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England, in respect of any proceedings arising out of or in connection with these Terms or your use of our App/Website.
30. TAXI PROMOTIONS AND CODES
A-Z TAXIS operates as an intermediary only connecting Passengers with available Drivers. A-Z TAXIS LEWES may, at its discretion, create promotions and equivalent promotional codes that may be redeemed for credit, or other benefits related from time to time to the A-Z TAXIS services and/or to services provided by a third party, subject to any additional terms that A-Z TAXIS establishes on a per promotional code basis, and which may expire prior to your use. A-Z TAXIS reserves the right to withhold or deduct credits or other features or benefits obtained through the use of Promo Codes by you or any other user in the event that A-Z TAXIS determines or believes that the use or redemption of the Promo Code was in error, fraudulent, illegal, or in violation of the Applicable Promo Code terms or these Terms. Furthermore, A-Z TAXIS reserves the right to alter these terms at its discretion.
- If the fare total exceeds the offer value, your chosen payment method will be charged. No refunds will be made for fares below the offer value.
- If you have any further questions about promo codes, please email email@example.com.